May 6, 2012

Moving Forward...

Artistically speaking, my first love is drawing.  It's what I enjoy most- sitting down with pencils and pens and just letting my surreal way with things flow.  Painting runs a close second and the more I paint, the better my skills are becoming.  Having said that, it can be difficult to make a sustainable living with these loves alone. 

I have spent the last four years apprenticing with furniture finishing.  It has been a terrific experience, but like a lot of things in life, the time has come for me to move on.  I have found that finishing furniture in a production environment for restaurants, hotels and the like leaves little room for creativity.  My imagination is moving more towards recycling, repurposing and new designs using my artistic eye to give each piece it's own unique character and presence.

I'm a virtual unknown in the design field and am looking for Charleston area designers who are willing to give me a chance to prove my creative worth.  If you are a designer, please have a look at my art and if you see something that piques your interest, please drop me a line and let's talk!

No comments: